This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatMattersToU #CollectiveBias
It’s pretty obvious that to all my ladies out there, we suffer from the same dreaded “gift” we receive every month. Now being 27 years old and some change, it’s safe to say that I have become some what of a veteran in this department. Not only suffering from major discomfort but also figuring out different ways to naturally make myself feel healthy and beautiful.
Ever since I can remember I have always suffered from a major irregular period. It’s always been something that has always made me nervous with wanting to have children in my future. One month I may have a regular cycle, the next, I might not receive it for 180 days. The cycle might not always be the same, but the discomfort is always very familiar. The truth is, I never want to allow it to hold me down, especially when I am usually so thrilled it arrives in general. Staying on my game, physical activity is the most important thing to me. Staying active is extremely vital while you are dealing with “that time of the month.” Giving yourself natural mood lifters and endorphins help make you feel beautiful and healthy. Now that the weather has reached its all time highs for the month, you will find me kayaking on the lake or even taking up my new hobby of cycling. There is just something about getting your heart pumping that allows your body to relax and refocus its energy, while giving you major bonus points in the confidence department.
Let’s be serious, we all have high hopes of getting out there and getting fit but how often are we held back by personal care products that do not perform to our standards. Your period is personal and I know that the ways it affects your life does matter, especially when you are limited to the normal life you had before. Recently transitioning to U by Kotex® products, I not only feel confident using their unique and new – just for you – products, but I can rely on the quality and long lasting protection that they deliver. They know you are looking for more than just leak protection in a product. U by Kotex® Cleanwear® Ultra Thin Pads and U by Kotex® Barely There Liners are my go-to’s, making my light days a breeze, and giving me a little extra confidence on my heavier ones. I also am pretty obsessed with their fun packaging, keeping my feminine products discreet and leaving people unaware of whats in my bag or pocket! So with all the benefits, crazy fast absorption and Tru-Fit® wings, I have no excuses to not stay physical, no matter what tries to keep me down!
Be sure to follow my steps to say confident and comfortable during your cycle:
- Take your vitamins:
- During your menstrual cycle you lose a lot of vitamins. Taking a regular multi vitamin with Vitamins B, C, D and E can reduce the symptoms associated with PMS as well as promote a more regular and less painful menstrual cycle.
- Don’t skip a meal:
- Often times when I am going through “that time of the month” I tend to feel bloated and lack an appetite. Some people tend to have the opposite effect and over eat. Listen to your body and don’t skip a meal, but don’t feel guilty about indulging a little bit (no one said a little bit of chocolate was a bad thing either!).
- Stay Active:
- It may seem like the last thing you want to do when you have your period, but working out can help relieve the symptoms that make getting your period so annoying in the first place.
- Staying active causes you to sweat, water then leaves the body, which can relieve uncomfortable belly bloat. Exercise also releases endorphins into your body which might at least take your mind off discomfort or pain. Studies have also been released showing a correlation between higher levels of physical fitness and fewer PMS symptoms.
- Get some shut eye:
- Going through a full menstrual cycle is hard work for your body. Make sure to get a full nights sleep or reward yourself with a nap after a workout.
So how will you get out their when Mother Nature tries to hold you back? Be sure to keep it moving with U by Kotex® at Walmart so you can save money, live better, feel confident and make every day matter! Get out there!
Photos: Taylor Grayson